Friday, August 21, 2009

Peaks 14 and 15

While in Idaho I knew I wanted to climb some peaks as part of my 35 peak goal. I had a hard time figuring out where to hike because I wanted something fairly close and somewhat short since it gets up into the 90s every day and I didn't want to be hiking in hottest part of the day.

Eventually in looking at maps and doing research on-line I found a pair of peaks that fit the criteria.

We decided to climb Gospel Peak and Pyramid Peak. We left the house around 6AM and drove about 2 hours until we got to the base of Gospel Peak. The road was a crazy, winding super-steep drive that got us just below the peak.


There's no trail to the top - we just entered the woods and headed for the top. We got to the top in about half an hour.


Then we just proceeded down, across and back up the ridge to Pyramid:


It took us a little over an hour to reach Pyramid Peak:

Then we circled back down to the road and hiked back to car. Overall, it was a great morning hike and it was exciting to bag two peaks in one day. Here is a map of the area, click the link for a map of all my 35 peaks so far.


View 35 Peaks in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails